Simple secrets to healthy hair – Hair care Tips you wish you knew
healthy hair – Hair care While genetics, environment, pollution, diet, and products you use influence the overall health of your hair, there is a lot you can do to maintain their glory.
When it comes to hair, you’ll find all kinds of advice. From oiling your hair to going to a hair spa. but before you choose what’s best for your hair, find out how the diet and proper care can make your hair shine like crazy.
Tips to maintain healthy hair
- Be gentle on your hair. Although it is totally normal to lose 100 to 150 strands of hair a day, you must go gentle when combing out the locks.
- Wet hair is prone to breakage. If you must comb your hair wet, try using a wooden broad toothed comb and gently run it through your hair.
- Split ends must go. Trim your hair every few weeks to get rid of those stubborn split ends. You must cut out the 1/4th an inch of your hair every 6 weeks to discourage the chances of split ends growing again.
- Washing your hair every day is a bad idea. Shampoo your hair every 2 days, this way you won’t dry out your hair. Over exposing your hair to chemicals will only result in more damage than good.
- Conditioner is a must. Every time you shampoo, apply some conditioner from the mid length of your hair to the ends. Never, I repeat never use the conditioner directly on the scalp.
- Use cold water. Cold water can help add more shine to your hair and makes it more manageable.
- Oiling is the virtue. You can never go wrong with following the age of tradition of oiling your hair before shampoo. But be sure to incorporate an organic hair oil like “Wonders of Heaven” to your routine.
- Stay away from Sulfates. I can’t express enough on how damaging Sulfates can be for your hair. Sulfates lather up your hair and remove the dirt but in doing so, it also takes away the essential oils. They are also the culprit behind making your eyes sting.
- If you are someone with naturally dry hair, avoid coloring. But if you must, then go for some natural hacks. Like using lemon, chamomile tea or honey. These natural ingredients will help lighten your hair color.
- Pump up the protein. Hair is primarily made up of protein so be sure to add protein sources to your diet. Like poultry, fish, eggs, beans, etc.
Besides these basic hair hacks, here are few remedies that will help you achieve your desired hair goals.
Deep conditioning – Although it is recommended to use a little conditioner after every wash, there is no magic like deep conditioning. Every once a week, wash your hair thoroughly then towel dry your hair. Now take out a generous amount of conditioner and put it from mid length to the tips. Gently brush your hair to make sure the conditioner is everywhere. Leave it for 10 to 20 minutes and rise. Silky hair for a week – check.